Princess Sarah Culberson
Sierra Leone Princess. Humanitarian. Author.
Disney is adapting her book “A Princess Found” into a movie.
Bounce Trumpet Award Recipient.
“Building a culture where your teams and your clients matter starts with Belonging.“
Value of Princess Sarah:
- She shares her incredible personal journey, along with actions we can take to build a program of belonging with our co-workers, clients, and in our personal lives.
- Transform how you build a tribe and connect with your team and your customers.
- Understand the power of belonging for a diverse workforce and client base.
- Princess Sarah brings allyship to the fore front to build a better support system.
- Strong empowering keynote for organizations for Black History Month, Women’s History Month and throughout the year.
Bounce Trumpet Impact Award Speech given by Princess Sarah.
Princess Sarah Culberson is an inspiring keynote speaker who provides insight on belonging to be better leaders, improve company culture, and show clients that they matter.
- Princess Sarah Culberson uses her personal story of being adopted and growing up in a biracial family as well as understanding cultural differences as a real-life princess of Sierra Leone.
- Sarah’s book, “A Princess Found”, will be adapted into an upcoming movie from Disney.
- Princess Sarah covers a variety of topics including belonging, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, community and company AND customer culture, education, finding your roots, overcoming your fears to live your dreams, women and girls’ conversations, and her experience as an African Princess.
Princess Sarah has an extraordinary journey that has been featured on CNN, GMA, BBC among numerous other publications worldwide which has trended #1 globally in over 60 countries. She is an internationally-known thought leader, TEDx speaker, artist and educator whose work addresses biracial and cultural identity and raises awareness of issues impacting Sierra Leone.
She shared the story of reuniting with her birth father in A Princess Found: An American Family, an African Chiefdom, and the Daughter Who Connected Them All, coauthored with Tracy Trivas and published by St. Martin’s Press. A Princess Found is now being adapted into a major motion picture for Disney Studios by award-winning filmmaker Stephanie Allain. Princess Sarah has also been honored with receiving the prestigious Trumpet Impact Award.
Princess Sarah and her brother Hindo Joseph Kposowa [pah-SOH-wah] founded the non-profit Sierra Leone Rising which provides clean drinking water, sanitary pads for girls, education, medical attention, resources to build schools and technology centers, and more throughout Sierra Leone. Her work in business and technology has led her to create upcoming projects including an animation show with Randy Jackson as well as a Roblox game to connect and educate children about cultures around the world.
The landscape of leadership and organizations have changed. Whether in a corporate or volunteer setting, team members and clients want a sense of community and belonging. However, building this kind of culture doesn’t happen on its own, rather it’s based on action. Princess Sarah’s keynote is for groups who are serious about recognizing differences and taking on people challenges to solve and innovate.
Princess Sarah uses her personal experience as an adopted child growing up in a bi-racial family, as well as understanding a whole new culture when she discovered that she was a real-life princess in Sierra Leone. In addition to this inspiring journey, she draws from her business side as an entrepreneur (in entertainment and gaming).
In this keynote, filled with stories and value, Princess Sarah covers three areas:
- Embrace your assumptions to elevate yourself and those around you.
- Be willing to get uncomfortable and have the challenging conversations.
- Navigate with compassion and use humanity to listen and learn to drive decisions.
Building a culture of belonging is more than top-down leadership and operating on the mindset that it’s someone else’s responsibility. Princess Sarah focuses on empowering YOU, the individual, to take action and build a tribe that is meaningful, passionate, and sustainable. Princess Sarah customizes her talks for each group based on their needs (in leadership, teams, culture, and D&I).
- How to listen to each other, even when you don’t agree
- How to create empathy
- Understand Intersectionality more
Leadership determines everything. If you have two equally talented teams and organizations competing in the same industry, the team and organization with the most effective leaders will win. Superior leadership performance produces superior organizational performance.
This keynote provides innovative ideas and strategies to thrive in today’s rapidly changing business world to help leaders transform themselves and those they lead. The need for bold and courageous leadership has never been greater.
This energizing presentation dives deep into the DNA of transformational leadership and how leaders can immediately implement specific behaviors to drive leadership effectiveness. Matt uses real-world examples of standing in the trenches with leadership teams and provides an action plan to help attendees create alignment, build inclusive teams, and influence others to action.
The outcome of this keynote will be leaders who are inspired and fully prepared to lead their teams and organizations confidently into the future. Lead inspired!
- Explore key competencies and mindset shifts of transformational leaders.
- Learn how to lead confidently and effectively through uncertainty.
- Discover how to increase leadership communication to enhance engagement and alignment.
- Learn key steps to build an inclusive team and drive trust.
- Learn how to become a coaching leader to enhance business performance and improve performance management.
- Identify the leadership gaps that paralyze growth and scaling desired behaviors.
In ‘Fear to Fabulous’ Sarah Culberson explores how she achieved her dream of connecting with her biological family: an experience that changed the trajectory of her life for the better. She began her journey faced with the fear of rejection but stepped into a fabulous world where she met her family, connected with her tribe, and accepted the responsibility of supporting those with low visibility. Discovering her heritage revealed a new purpose where she actively works alongside community leaders in order to promote various infrastructure, public health, and female empowerment initiatives throughout Sierra Leone. With both a BFA and MFA in theater, Sarah mastered public speaking and acts as an advocate to campaign for diversity, equity, and self-discovery. Sarah inspires others with her experience of how she embraced the unknown and ventured into a wonderful world where she found what she is meant to do in her lifetime.
“Princess Sarah is absolutely amazing. She is a very engaging, compelling and a dynamic speaker with a powerful and impactful message. I can’t speak highly enough of Princess Sarah.”
— Seagen, Inc.
“Sarah, you are so special–we’ve been honored to have you join us! There are already conversations about what else you can do with us. We have a tendency to pull great people into our circle.”
“Although I knew Sarah had an interesting story and that she was a seasoned speaker, I could not have anticipated how compelling and impactful her presentation would be. The room was completely captivated as she walked us through her personal story of discovery, self identity and transformation. Her speaking style is incredibly engaging and her topic spoke to us in a way that made us take a moment of personal reflection and purpose. I would recommend her for a talk to any group.”
“Sarah is AMAZING! She did an awesome job at both events relating both to young girls and to the older donor crowd at night. Everyone loved her and loved hearing about her incredible journey. Sarah is passionate and genuine — just a wonderful person and we loved having her as our guest speaker!”
-Bethany Christian Services
“She was so energetic and vibrant and her story is amazing.”
“It has been a true pleasure and honor to work with Princess Sarah Culberson! During our Diversity Month celebrations, Princess Sarah captivated us with her incredible story of overcoming adversity, prejudgment, and fears of the unknown. Her inspiring journey and eloquent delivery captivated our employees and encouraged us to embrace change and never overlook opportunities to make a difference! Thank you Princess Sarah for being a shining light!”
-Nestle Nespresso USA
Diversity and Inclusion
Social Entrepreneur and Causes
Leadership and Inspiration
Best Client Types
Best Attendee Types
Women and Youth
FEATURED ON ...
Princess Sarah on the Tamron Hall Show
CNBC: blockchain development in Sierra Leone
STARZ #TAKETHELEAD TRANSPARENCY TALKS
View the interview HERE as Princess Sarah moderates a panel to discuss the importance of women shaping global content and the economic ramifications of under-representation.